Informing community members about activities on their lands, or policies and plans that could affect them is vital to informed and supported decision-making by an organization. Effective and productive communication is inclusive of all voices and perspectives, participatory in identifying themes or issues and forming objectives, goals, and recommendations.
Facilitating community-based meetings on issues affecting traditional territories, cultural values and practices;
Enabling productive discussion, issue identification and feedback through various methods such as, grounded theory research method, and various media elicitation tools;
Liaising with social development and cultural advisors on community protocols, youth/adult/elder, gender and socio-economic representation, and social dynamics;
Focus Group; Breakout Groups; workshop setting;
Elder/Community member Advisory Committees
Verification of information, validation of findings;
Finding capacity building opportunities for training and skills development, including Aboriginal community researchers and organization staff
Woven Paths Projects
- Consulting Contract, Aboriginal Engagement for the TK Working Group, Aboriginal Advisory Committee, Community Researcher Liaison Team, Cumulative Environmental Management Association (CEMA).
- Cumulative Environmental Management Association (CEMA)
- Study Committee & Land User Participant Meeting on FCML 125 Traditional Land Use & Ecological Knowledge Study: Teck Resources Frontier Mine Project
- Client Land User/Advisory Committee for Teck Resources Ltd. Mitigation Pre-Workshop Community Engagement Series
- Client Land User Meeting on UN World Heritage Centre/IUCN Reactive Monitoring Mission to Wood Buffalo National Park World Heritage Site
- Client Land User/Advisory Committee Meeting on proposed Imperial Aspen SAGD
- Community meeting facilitation support for consultant